There are tons of meals you can prepare that can be enjoyed cold or at room temperature. Here is one of my favourite cold lunches.
Serving Information: 4 Servings - 502 calories each
200 g / 7.2 oz orzo
640 g / 1.4 lb chicken breasts
85 g / 2.8 oz cucumber
80 g / 2.8 oz cherry tomatoes
95 g / 3.2 oz black olives
⅓ cup fresh parsley
1½ tbsp olive oil
95 g / 3.2 oz feta cheese
1. Set oven to 375°F / 190°C / Gas 5.
2. Season your chicken with your choice of seasonings and grill until cooked through. For whole chicken breasts, this will take approximately 40 minutes. Smaller pieces will cook more quickly. Always check by cutting the thickest part of the chicken and ensuring it is white all the way through. Allow cooling before chopping into pieces.
3. Cook orzo according to the packet instructions and once cooked, allow it to completely cool.
4. Mix together all of the ingredients in a large bowl and season to taste with sea salt & pepper.
5. Portion your salad into meal prep containers, cover and refrigerate until ready to enjoy!